- Joshua T Kalis
- I do cool things; at least I like to think so.
- The problem-space luxui is attempting to address
- How luxui is solving the problems of an admin UI for an API in Phony
- Profit (always profit)
- (Attempt to) Come to consensus on if we (QL) would like to adopt the strategy of luxui
Presentation Goal #1
The problem-space of luxui.
- We Have a lot of internal applications.
- Many of them need UIs.
- The UIs don't provide business value; a.k.a. they don't make us money directly.
Stop making customized UIs for these applications.
Truly reusable frontend application; and application components
Completely decoupled frontend (UI) and backend (API)
Enable non-UI-engineers to focus on non-UI-related features and tasks
Empower UI-engineers to have control of the UIs of our internal applications
Make our internal applications UIs have a consistent UX
- Easier training on new applications; either as:
- Truly new applications, or
- A team member is new to an existing application
Faster, more consistent, more secure changes, and updates, to application UIs
Reinforce RESTful best practices
Presentation Goal #2
Presentation Goal #3
Profit! Always, profit.
Presentation Goal #4