Rules of Civil Conversation
- I will try to reach a shared understanding rather than "win the argument".
- I will clarify with others to make sure I genuinely understand their perspective.
- I shall endeavor to avoid committing logical fallacies in support of my claims.
- I will attempt to account for my own biases and try to be intellectually humble.
- I will also try to be reasonable, rational, and create coherent arguments.
- I may challenge ideas, but will refrain from personal attacks and mean-spiritedness.
- I will use the "Principle of Charity" to interpret others' points of view in the best light.
- I promise to remain genuinely receptive to changing my mind.